MIMI ROMANELLI OFFRE SES MÈCHES DE CHEVEUX À RILKE

 



This minute lock of hair does not softly disperse 

the Arabic perfume of some Hetaera

nor the spikenard aroma of that young

Venetian lady painted by Dürer. 

It's rather redolent of the sirocco, and

-closing the eyes- the jasmines in La Giudecca.

This black lock of hair, along with the dolce sound of your voice

will be my dananke, the coin which I ought to pay

the ferryman for my last voyage.


*


This relic-wise curl now remembers 

how I bowed down to you

just in front of the Palazzo Mocenigo to say:


I experience your beauty like a child

to whom someone tells beautiful stories.


This relic-wise curl now remembers how

I kneeled down before the Madonna and kissed

her floral votives, her golden radiance to confess:


C'est elle, c'est Mimi que j'aime.


I know we have just lived among the clouds.

I know we have danced just following 

the pure musicality of those names: 

Venetia, Santa Maria dei Miracoli, Canaletto...


Je vous aime. J'entends des cloches.


II


For you I was no more the 'Doctor Seraphic'

neither 'quel poeta Maria';

For you, my name was just a murmur

of an angelic choir caressing your lips...

Or maybe a blank musical score where

your hands of daydreaming pianist 

improvise blue sonatas of autumn.

Perhaps my name, for you, was only a sentiment

as was Venice to me, or something unutterable

like the smile of God.

Dites si les violettes sont arrivées.


*


Ah, from the voice of the barcaiolo

I glimpse the aroma of violettes.

When you play the piano in the penumbra

of your rosato-de-Istra home

All the acrid fog from the Gran Canal fades away.

even the pious face of Mary Magdalene

smiles in San Pietro de Castello.

For you, my name was only the golden susurration

of the wind upon the oleanders, the bell towers, 

The amorous cats at sundown.

Rainer, Renee, Orpheus, Seraphic, Maria...

I am listening (here in the angelic realms)

the echo of my name like the sonata

that someone plays in the penumbra

di una stanza rosa.

I say 'someone' because I hardly can tell

If you are Persephone, Aphrodite or Mimi...


Mio dolce amico


III


I forebode something eternal

when we stroll around the Campo San Polo.

I forebode something like the touch

of God on my elegies.

I am no longer feeling oppressed by the scirocco

the noisy ragazzi playing tug-of-war

nor by the sad paleness of the sheets

hanging on the balconies

suddenly galloping along the wind

like the white horses of Apollo.

Inebriated by the aroma of

pomegranates, tamarisks, palm trees,

sheltered in the shade of your voice

nearly breeze, andiamo per la fodere

and forebode something divine.

I have no more the melancholy of that lion

sitting at the feet of the Cross

in the Scuola di San Marco...


La contemplation du soleil

sur la Piazza de San Marco

t'avait fait te precipiter à la maison

pour me voir.


When we walk along a dark salizzada

and your cupped hands brimming with rainwater 

Quench the thirst of black cats and stray ghosts

I foresee that I already own the immense time

of all the universes possible to be loved.

Never the hostile gaze of Fugacity.

You are my most accomplished Ding-Gedicht.

I forebode that I will never suffer afresh

from the everlasting exile of those

who were born in No Man's Land.


*


Within an hour, in La Riva,

We will be watching the full moon.

And we'll see walking over the waters 

not the Virgin but the deer with a golden necklace

coming from the woods of Senlis

just to smell the fragrance of your hair,

and the deer furtively will approach

to your hands illumined by the moon

and tamed will drink rainwater and tears of joy.

And you will sing to him old ballads

in Venetian dialect, like the Virgin to the licorne.

And you will read at last, in a stupor,

the inscription on the golden necklace:

"Anno 1037, Mimi Romanelli hoc me donavit."


The deer will run away

vanishing into a blue fog. 


Voulez vous aller a la maison du Lido?

I y aura de roses.


IV


The aroma of grappa, peaches, sardines...

The aroma of your body flowering

like a white lotus at sunrise.

A solitary cat wandering near the beach

under this azure calm of autumn.

And there goes Goethe, like a child, collecting

multicoloured shells and pebbles.

And there, Gaspara Stampa, donna ideale, melancholy,

walking towards the sun-kissed horizon.

I am here perfumed by the locks

of your hair in my hand 

and the incessant foam of waves.

I wanted to be a dragon and not an anemone.

I wanted to have the strength of a monster

and not this fragility of the white rose.

You recompose my selfhood in one piece again.

My selfhood ripped in thousands of lost homelands.  

"You made a lute of me. Now you are the hands

that play it by the sea. Orphean melodies."

The aroma of grappa, peaches, sardines.

I am here, resuscitated, in your arms

under this azure serenity

in the island of Lido.























 


0 comentarios:

Licencia de Creative Commons
POEMAS DE ERROR Y MISTERIO is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at habaneroerrante.blogspot.com.