KIKU-NERI

 


The temple bell rings a cristaline sound

like the mute whisper of the dead.

Clouds of starling swirl in a glow as bright

as the red flame of a baker's oven at dawn.

The sun streams its morning smile

upon the poppy fields. 


Thought-worn and at last 

person of no interest

I knead chrysanthemums into a silver bowl

to beg for alms in the streets.

Far from the tweedy gathering

of soft-cops and merchants de sommeil.

My senescent heart is now a heart of jade

see-through and pure like crystal rock.

I lay myself out to be stared by the stars

Upon the wings of passing shadows.


The stars, indifferent, sideglance at me

brimming with light my silver bowl.






0 comentarios:

Licencia de Creative Commons
POEMAS DE ERROR Y MISTERIO is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at habaneroerrante.blogspot.com.